We know that there is so much more to sustaining a tenancy than just paying rent. We offer short-term, intensive support by empowering and coaching our customers. Our service works alongside other teams within Futures Housing Group, as well as external agencies, to create a holistic package to ensure our customers needs are met.
- How we can help
- Your home
- Health services
- Skills, confidence and wellbeing
- Intensive support
- Useful links
The aim of our service is to support our customers with all aspects of life in order to live comfortably in their homes.
We work closely with other services such as employability and money advice, as well as external agencies, to ensure you get the best package of support.
If you are struggling to manage your tenancy for any reason, we can help by supporting you to:
- Set up utilities (gas/water/electric/tv license) and direct debits.
- Integrate into the community by accessing community groups.
- Addressing negative behaviours within your home or community.
- Fill out charity applications and grant funding for white goods and furniture.
- Access the paint project.
- Refer to foodbanks.
We are happy to help you access healthcare services through a range of different ways:
- Registering with a GP.
- Support when making/managing healthcare appointments.
- Referrals to specialist agencies such as the mental health team, amongst others.
- Attending GP/hospital appointments with you if necessary.
- Linking in with social prescribing service.
We want to empower our customers to make positive life choices and have confidence in themselves. We will support them to:
- Create and implement routines to help with home life.
- Access appointments to build confidence such as community groups, baby and toddler groups, the freedom programme etc.
- Access recreational activities/groups to improve emotional health and wellbeing.
As well as supporting you with your home and independence, we are also here for the more difficult situations that you may come across including:
- Supporting customers experiencing or who have experienced domestic abuse
- Safeguarding concerns
- Helping those dealing with substance misuse by referring to external agencies and implementing ways to manage/reduce risk
If you require support with any of the issues on this list, please get in touch with your Neighbourhood Officer to discuss.
Derbyshire and surrounding areas
- Derbyshire County Council, Community Directory for Families Synergy - Enquiry (derbyshire.gov.uk)
- Derbyshire Community Health Services Departments and services - Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
- Derbyshire Recovery Partnership – substance misuse help and support – 0115 9309442
- Derbyshire Mental Health Crisis Helpline – 0800 028 0077
- Samaritans – 116 123
Northampton and surrounding areas
- West Northants Council www.westnorthants.gov.uk
- Community Directory for Families and Local Services www.daventrydc.gov.uk
- Northants Recovery Partnership - substance misuse help and support - 01604 211304 https://changegrowlive.org
- Mental Health Crisis Helpline - 01327 879416 www.northamptonmind.org.uk
- Samaritans - 0845 790 9090