Throughout the pandemic we have been working hard to maintain our services and keep our customers and team members safe from coronavirus. We have a number of measures in place, including the use of PPE, maintaining social distancing and carrying out risk assessments before each appointment, which help us to prevent the spread of the virus.
In light of the latest lockdown and new restrictions we are reducing our repairs service, so we can prioritise those in greatest need and make sure everyone – from our team members, to your family – is kept safe.
To do this, we need your help. We’re asking customers to consider whether their repair is essential before calling our customer services team. Our advisors will also assess repairs as they are booked. Essential repairs are categorised as posing a danger to health, safety, security or welfare.
We will also be reviewing the repairs currently in our system and contacting customers if we need to move existing repairs to later in the year, so we can prioritise essential repairs.
We will regularly review the arrangements in place, and where repairs must take place we will continue to provide our team members with PPE and carry out risk assessments. If an operative has to visit your home we ask you to take the following precautions:
- If you have an appointment with someone from Futures, or one of our contractors, that must take place in person, please stay at least two metres (the height of an average door) apart from them during their visit.
- If one of our repairs operatives has to visit your home, please allow them to use your facilities to wash their hands when they arrive and before leaving.
- Please leave the room when our operatives are working in your home, to make sure social distancing is being maintained.
- Please advise our customer services team before your appointment if you or anyone in your family has symptoms of Covid-19 or a positive test result, are self-isolating, or if you are in a high risk or vulnerable group.
- You will also be asked a series of Covid-19 related questions before an operative enters your home, and they may give you further advice based on your answers.
Please help us to keep you and our operatives safe by following these guidelines and only reporting essential repairs. Our operatives have our full support to leave without completing a job if they do not feel safe in a customer’s home.
We will continue to review our offering and are committed to getting back to our full service as soon as it is safe to do so. Keep an eye on our website and social media channels for further updates.