As you may have seen in the news, coronavirus cases are rising and the Government has brought in new restrictions. Throughout the pandemic, we have closely followed government guidance and have team members across the organisation working together to monitor changes and prepare for any actions we need to take.
Based on the information available to us at present we do not think there will be a significant change to our services. Our teams are set up to work from home if needed, and those who can’t are equipped with personal protective equipment (PPE) and have been given guidance on keeping our services covid-secure.
We’d like to reassure you that we have robust risk assessments and policies in place, and we are working hard to maintain our services and keep everyone safe. To do this, we need your co-operation:
- If you have an appointment with someone from Futures, or one of our contractors, that must take place in person, please stay at least 2 metres (the length of an average door) apart from them for the duration of the visit.
- If one of our repairs operatives has to visit your home, please allow them to use your facilities to wash their hands when they arrive and before leaving.
- Please leave the room when our operatives are working in your home, to make sure social distancing is being maintained.
- Please advise our customer services team before your appointment if you or anyone in your family has symptoms of Covid-19, are self-isolating, or if you are in a high risk or vulnerable group.
- You will also be asked a series of COVID related questions before our operative enters your home, and they may give you further advice based on your answers.
Our team members and operatives are visiting multiple homes every day, so it is vitally important that we have your support to keep everyone safe.
If our operatives do not feel safe in a customer’s home, they have our full support to leave the appointment without finishing the work. Naturally, this is not something that anyone would want – our operatives want to help our customers and our customers want to have their repairs completed – but our first priority remains the safety of our team members, customers and the general public.
We are consistently reviewing guidance around the coronavirus crisis and we will continue to update you if there are any significant changes.
We’d like to take this opportunity to thank our team members, customers and contractors for their support during this challenging time.