Due to the coronavirus outbreak and particularly the need to limit personal contact with people to avoid spreading the virus, we are making some temporary service changes for Beep Assist customers.
- If your alarm is not connecting to the monitoring response centre we will first try to talk you through some simple checks over the telephone to get it working again. If this is unsuccessful we will visit you to repair it but we will ask you some screening questions first. If you are showing signs of Coronavirus, if you or someone you share your home with is self-isolating following medical advice, or if anyone at the property has been diagnosed with the coronavirus, our team member will be wearing protective clothing and we may ask you to go into another room while they carry out the repair.
- If you get a low battery warning on any of your equipment please do not worry. All the batteries we use have a long life and even when you get a warning it will still work for some time. We will contact you to discuss it and arrange an appointment as soon as possible in line with government advice.
- If your telephone line develops a fault, your lifeline will not work. This is not something we can resolve and you will need to contact the company that provides your line to have it fixed. Your alarm will automatically work once the line fault has been resoloved.
- All our Beep Assist customers have a review at least once a year. If you currently have a review arranged, this will now take place over the telephone and we will contact you directly. Similarly, we will telephone if we need to arrange your annual review but have not yet done so.
- If you want to terminate the service please call us and we will assess each case individually. Please also remember to test your pendant monthly.
As always, you can call the Beep Assist team directly on 0333 999 7430 if you have any other concerns about how the service might be affected by the coronavirus update or have any other enquiries about your lifeline service.