Feedback about from customers on our services is very important. It helps us to put right anything that we have done wrong, and helps us to identify improvements to services. You can:
- Tell us about a team member or service that has worked well
- Tell us about a suggested improvement
- Make a complaint
You can feedback to Futures, or make a complaint, by phone, email, letter, webchat, social media channels or through our customer portal ‘My Account’.
About our complaints:
There are two stages to our internal complaints process.
Every complaint is handled by our Complaints Officer who will investigate the complaint and offer a resolution (Stage 1). Occasionally, a customer will provide evidence that a satisfactory resolution has not been met, in these instances one of the Customer Services management team will review the complaint (Stage 2).
Should a customer feel their complaint has not been handled appropriately through our two-stage process, they can refer the complaint to the Housing Ombudsman. You can seek advice from the Ombudsman at any time at https://www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk/
You can view our self-assessment for the Housing Ombudsman - Complaint Handling Code by clicking here.
You can view our full Complaints Policy by clicking here.
Since April 2020 we have received:
- 63 complaints that were resolved at stage 1
- 1 complaint that escalated to stage 2
- 0 complaints were referred to the Ombudsman
As a result of your complaints and feedback we have received this year, here are some of the changes that we have made:
- We are investing in new technology to make the end-to-end repairs process for our customers easier. You will start to see changes to the way you book your repairs and the messages keeping you up to date with the progress of your repair in Spring 2021.
- We have introduced a quick and simple way for the Complaints Officer to offer gestures of goodwill, where Futures have not met the standards expected.
- We have made changes to our self service portal ‘My Account’ to make it easier than ever to report and book a repair, wherever you live. We will continue to improve this service to make it even more effortless to raise issues with us.
- We have introduced a new online forum, called My Voice, for customers who want to share their views and opinions, give feedback and discuss new projects to help shape Futures. You can join MyVoice by clicking here.
- We are investing in team training to ensure that our customers receive a positive customer experience when contacting us.
- We are working with Derbyshire District Citizens Advice on the Power up Scheme. We can refer you directly to experts, who can complete a full energy MOT, provide advice and assistance on changing providers and tariffs, give pointers on things you can do to make your home more energy efficient AND establish whether there are other funding sources elsewhere, that may be able to help.
- We are working with Switchee who provide devices that connect to heating systems, which can generate information on the energy performance of the property, detect damp and mould, and predict fuel poverty.