Careers and training
We are committed to training and development.
This commitment extends beyond our own team members to those living in the communities we serve.
Our approach includes:
- Apprenticeships - we work with our construction and home improvement partners to employ new apprentices. These apprenticeships offer young people the chance to develop skills in a range of trades to equip them for a career in construction
- Graduate management trainee schemes - to date we have recruited four graduates through our management trainee programme. The programme offers graduates the chance to spend time in different parts of the business, building an appreciation of how the organisation functions before specialising in a chosen area
- Job shadowing and secondments - we support team members to spend time in other departments. As well as helping to develop skills it supports our ‘one organisation’ approach
- Management Development Programme - this provides managers with an opportunity to further develop their skills by working towards accredited qualifications. It is offered in partnership with a specialist management training centre
- Employment events in local schools - our construction challenge events are part of our schools outreach programme. The events involve young people in competitions across a range of trades, and help pupils to think about future careers in construction
- Work experience - we have appointed work experience ambassadors to strengthen our relationships with schools and offer pupils the chance to get a taste for a career in the housing sector
- Training and Development - our commitment to training and development for team members resulted in Daventry & District Housing named as part of the first Skills Academy in the East Midlands
- Training and capacity building for our tenants – we have supported tenants to achieve a professional housing qualification to become Tenant Quality Inspectors. This has equipped them to test our services and challenge the way we work.