Repairs that tenants will have to pay for
There are a number of repairs that tenants will be charged for.
You will always be informed that you must pay for the cost of the work before it is ordered for you. These repairs, known as rechargeable repairs, include:
- Changing locks if you have locked yourself out or lost your keys
- Replacing damaged glass (unless it was the result of a criminal act and you can provide a crime reference number)
- Any accidental damage to your home - for example damaged doors - caused by you, your family or visitors
- Unblocking the kitchen sink, wash hand basin, or bath if you caused the blockage
- Supplying a plug for the kitchen sink, wash hand basin, or bath
- Clearing your garden if this is overgrown
- Any repairs required to reinstate damage caused by you, family or visitors whilst living there or when your tenancy ends.
If we attend a reported emergency that was not Futures Homescape’s responsibility or when it was not a genuine emergency, you will be recharged for the call-out, currently £94 inc. VAT (charge may be subject to change).