What is our Tenancy Sustainment service?
Our Tenancy Sustainment Service is a proactive service that aims to support our tenants successfully manage their homes and tenancies.
We aim to support tenants from sign up, through the life of their tenancy and to post tenancy, where required.
Our tenancy support will include:
- Simple budgeting
- Practical assistance such as form filling
- Referrals to specialised support agencies
- Accessing other services
- Making the most of your community including access to schools, doctors and local clubs
- Highlighting any funding or grant applications
- Advice and tips on utilities
- Act as a mediator between DDH services such as rent enquiries or Anti-Social Behaviour
Who can benefit?
The service is available for new and existing tenants. Tenants who require support with the practical issues of managing their homes and keeping the terms of their tenancy will benefit from this service.
Our Service Standard
Our Tenancy Sustainment Officer will contact you within 1 working day to arrange to meet with you.
How does it all work?
- Our Tenancy Sustainment Officer will contact you
- An assessment form will be completed to understand what your needs are and how best we can support you or refer to the appropriate agency
- A plan will be made with you to agree the outcomes of our support
- If other agencies are required, a written agreement will be signed and a confidentiality waiver agreed
When does the service stop?
- When you no longer want to receive support
- When you no longer engage with the Tenancy Sustainment Officer
- When your needs are met by another agency
- When your needs have been successfully achieved.