At Futures Housing Group we aim to have a positive impact on the communities we serve.
Partnership working is central to helping us realise our aim.
Our approach includes:
- Positive youth engagement: Working with young volunteers to support investment in community projects and championing the views of young people through dedicated groups. Futures Homescape’s Voices of Youth Community Rangers and Daventry & District Housing’s Youth Board meet regularly. Young volunteers from across Amber Valley are invited to take part in holiday projects through the national youth development scheme, Dreamscheme.
- Neighbourhood strategies: Empowering our tenants through regular Neighbourhood Forums and walkabouts to challenge the quality of their local environment and get involved in making it better.
- Investment funds: A resource for community groups who may have limited access to alternative funding streams. Our funds provide support through time and money to projects which will benefit the local neighbourhood. At Futures Homescape this support is offered through Your Voice Your Choice, while Daventry & District Housing provides grants and manpower through the Community Chest partnership fund.
- Partnership working: We want to be a visible, positive force in the communities where we work which means supporting our partners in tackling neighbourhood issues and achieving common goals for the benefit of residents. We are key members of Community Safety Partnerships where we work and our latest projects include free football sessions with police and cleaning up areas as part of Daventry District Council’s Week of Action programme.
- Connecting health and housing: As an organisation with the wellbeing of communities at its heart, we strive to promote the health of our tenants and neighbourhoods in everything we do. This includes providing emergency lifelines, assistive technology, a health trainer service, aids and adaptations, and working with the NHS and local authorities to provide housing for those with learning disabilities.